[Tutor] single executable

Jorge Louis De Castro jorge at bcs.org.uk
Mon Aug 1 01:47:07 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I wrote a few small applications, couple hundred of lines each and one of them playing around with tkinter. Now py2exe leaves 10 or so files of all sorts and one executable to "distribute", and cx freeze isn't much better. Furthermore, my 15KB code becomes a whopping 8Meg distributable folder! Sure I can cut that in half by zipping but I still think that is an unappealing trade.
Isn't it possible to create a single, reasonably sized, bundled windows executable?
Python rocks regardless, and it's been a long time since I last felt like this for a programming language -I've been having a blast with Python in the past few weeks, and learning a lot from this very helpful mailing lists.

chrs
j.