[Tutor] TKinter and things over Linux

Max Noel maxnoel_fr at yahoo.fr
Wed Apr 20 18:15:49 CEST 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 16:52, Alberto Troiano wrote:

> Hey
>
> Didn't work
>
> I try the python2.3 setup.py build
>
> I couldn't print the exact error because it's a lot of pages that says
> mostly the same
>
> the final error says
>
> error: mysql ended exit with status 1
>
> I run the other command python2.3 setup.py install and the same error
>
> What can I do
> I'm desperate
>
> Just in case I'm using MySQL 3.23 (Default MySQL Red Hat 9.0, but I
> don't see how that can affect the module)

	Did you install the "software development" packages with your distro?
If you didn't, install them.
	In order to install modules that aren't entirely written in Python
(such as this one, I wager), you need a working C compiler and standard
library.

-- Max
maxnoel_fr at yahoo dot fr -- ICQ #85274019
"Look at you hacker... A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting
and sweating as you run through my corridors... How can you challenge a
perfect, immortal machine?"