[Tutor] Python in South Africa?

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 22 10:18:35 CEST 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Johan Geldenhuys wrote:

> Does anybody in this mailing list stay in south Africa? I want to know
> if there is a place that presents python training.

Hi Johan,

David Carter just mentioned a website that appears to be keeping a
"Meetup" group database of Python User Groups.  There's one in Pretoria:

    http://python.meetup.com/106/

I'm not sure how close that is to you, but it's a start: you might be able
to contact folks there.  I'd also recommend asking on the comp.lang.python
newsgroup, which has a large readership.

If you do find a good Python group in South Africa, please try to get that
group listed on the "User Groups" page on Python.org:

    http://python.org/community/user-groups.html

to make it easier for people to find.

Good luck to you.