[Tutor] python editor

Kent Johnson kent_johnson at skillsoft.com
Thu Sep 2 20:54:32 CEST 2004

There are many editors that work well with Python. Which one is best is a
matter of (sometimes strong!) personal preference. If you have a text
editor you like, it may well have Python support available.

Here is a list to get you started. Many of the editors are free or have
trial versions, so you can try a few and find one you like.
http://www.python.org/moin/PythonEditors

Python web programming is another big topic. If you can give us some idea
what you want to do maybe we can help you better. For simple projects the
cgi module might be all you need. For more complex projects there are many
frameworks available. Here is a list:
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/WebProgramming

HTH
Kent