[Tutor] Creating a pop up problem

Jacob S. keridee at jayco.net
Thu Oct 28 03:17:33 CEST 2004

Hi.

WARNING:    This will not help you with your problem.

I suggest, however, that you not use idle when running programs that contain
tkinter. It has been said in many places--including this mailing list--that
idle is written with tkinter, and the mainloops don't interact very well. If
I were you, I would run the program from the interpreter or, if you're
running windows--that's all I'm familiar with--you can double-click the py
file if you have the file associations set up right.

I hope that this helps,
Jacob Schmidt