[Tutor] Linux/Windows

Bill Mill bill.mill at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 03:29:48 CEST 2004

Ali,

all the functions you mentioned should work just fine in linux. Linux
filesystems are very similar to windows filesystems. There are,
however, no c: or d: drives in linux. Instead, every file is contained
below one main ('root') directory, called '/'. As such, the file you
open will have to be something like '/var/temp/myfile.tmp'. For more
info, read http://www.tldp.org/LDP/Linux-Filesystem-Hierarchy/html/index.html
. I haven't read it, but I looked it over briefly and it seemed to
contain the important information about linux filesystems.

Peace
Bill Mill
bill.mill at gmail.com