[Tutor] Logging with different formats

Crabtree, Chad Chad.Crabtree at nationalcity.com
Thu May 6 12:59:57 EDT 2004

> If you have some time...I am digging myself a deep hole and I
> can't seam to
> climb out.  I have tried to modify my old log script that
> used a class with
> different functions that just printed statements to standard
> out.  Standard
> out was directed to file.  When I try to use logging.py I
> either loose most
> of the functionality or can't make it work.  I have attached my latest
> failure.  Any ideas.  I need to have different formats for
> different events
> but I want to keep the .info .error  etc of  logging.py.

I've carefully looked over your code.  But I still don't know what you are
trying to do and how it's failing.  Would you post a traceback or something.
I just don't know what's going wrong for you.  I'm not sure but I think
perhaps you should just roll your own.  It wouldn't be that hard and you
wouldn't have to spend time learning the logging api.

***National City made the following annotations

This communication is a confidential and proprietary business communication.
It is intended solely for the use of the designated recipient(s).  If this
communication is received in error, please contact the sender and delete this
communication.