[Tutor] (no subject)

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Mar 17 23:45:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Charles Richard wrote:

> i want to be able to read and write python and also to write programms
> plz help me learn.

Hi Charles,

Welcome aboard!  Have you had a chance to play around with Python yet?
The "Python for Non-Programmers" page has links to all sorts of tutorials:

    http://www.python.org/topics/learn/non-prog.html

(We actually have a few of those tutorial authors here on Python-Tutor!)

Please feel free to ask questions about them on the mailing list; we'll be
happy to help you get started.

All of the tutorials there are pretty good, although I think the official
Python tutorial:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/

is actually slightly hard for newcomers because it covers a deluge of
Python's features.  But if you have programmed in another language in the
past, then that kind of presentation is probably the fastest way to get
knee-deep.

Many of the other tutorials on the "Python for Non-Programmers" page are
gentler, so if you find yourself getting stuck on one, try another and see
if it's more to your liking.

Have you had any programming experience before?

Talk to you later!