[Tutor] ComboBox with Tkinter

Puki Puki at join2000.de
Mon Jul 5 21:58:42 CEST 2004

Hi Folks out there,

I'm just starting to code in Pyhton. The first project is to build a GUI
for an already existing program.
Til now the little GUI of the program is only with Tkiner and without
wxpython.

Since two days I'm trying to figure out who to get a combobox in there
without remodelling the whole stuff.
At the beginning I thougt a combobox can't be that difficult, but I'm
just not able to figure it out the wright way.

The button wasn't a problem at all:
self.Button=Button(frame7, text='Button',
command=Parser).pack(side=BOTTOM)

and I thought a combobox should act the same way:
self.cb = Combobox(frame7, -1, choices['choice1','choice2'], value=
'combobox')???

The first problem is:
There is no global name like "Combobox" and any other spelling.

The second problem:
I haven't figured out what arguments HAVE to be there and what CAN be
there.

The third problem:
Can I handle this without wxPython?

I hope my problem is only a big problem for me and you can give me some
hints.

Thanks a lot
Puki