[Tutor] Parsing XML with minidom - problem solved

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Jul 9 00:13:23 CEST 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Ertl, John wrote:

> It [XML DOM parsing] is never as easy as it look at first glance.
>
> Thanks for explaining the behavior I was seeing...It is not clear.

Hi John,

Yeah.  *grin*

If there's anything that the XML libraries need, it is better beginner
documentation.  Much of the documentation for XML in the Standard Library
already assumes some prior XML knowledge, which can be a bit infuriating
at times.

There's a great set of tutorials that IBM developerworks published on XML
and Python, a few months ago; a Google search for "developerworks python
xml" should come up with several excellent articles by David Mertz.

Mark Pilgrim's book, "Dive into Python", also has a section on parsing
XML:

    http://diveintopython.org/xml_processing/parsing_xml.html