[Tutor] writing ascii files with Numeric?

Jeff Peery jeffpeery at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 18:40:15 EDT 2004

Hello I am trying to write my Matrix to to a file in ASCII format. I created the matrix using Numeric, the shape is 600x25. here is the code that produces the error below:

    filehandle = file("MyFile.txt", 'w')
    filehandle.write(Matrix)
    filehandle.close()

TypeError: Non-character array cannot be interpreted as character buffer.

I am assuming this means that 'Matrix' must be a character string and not a matrix. how would I go about converting an array of floats to a character string so I can print this thing to a file? Or is there a better way to do this? thanks!!!

Jeff