[Tutor] Re:OT

Ron Phillips RPhillips at engineer.co.summit.oh.us
Wed Dec 29 14:51:02 CET 2004

54 years old -- father of 3, grandfather of 4 (and counting.)

I started Pythoning because I work for a governmental agency that does
Civil Engineering. To support mapping, I needed a wrapper for ESRI
products (Python, AML, VBA), to support drafting, I needed a wrapper for
AutoDesk products (Python, LISP, VBA), and to support IT, I needed
languages for Linux servers (Python, C, etc.) and Windows servers and
desktops (Python, VB, C#, etc.) and WindowsCE(Python, VBCE).

What option did I really have, then? Besides, it's just so COOL.

Ron