[Tutor] Python 2.4 IDLE Windows 2000

EJP ejp at zomething.com
Mon Dec 20 20:39:28 CET 2004

"Jacob S." <keridee at jayco.net>

> Gee,
> I think I'm going to burst out in tears.
> Mike Hansen gave the solution to the very problem I'm having, yet, when
> used the console version and deleted the custom color theme, it stopped
> giving me error messages, but it still won't start up without the
> console.
>
> I'm am still stunted of my python 2.4 experience.
> Help, please!!!
>
> Desperate,
> Jacob

Can you open IDLE and reset the color options to the defaults?  I believe that's how I solved it.

If not, there should be some configuration files, plain text files with names like "*.def" in your idlelib directory.  Here's the path to one of several on my machine:
C:\Python23\Lib\idlelib\config-highlight.def

I am not sure if you can safely delete these, but reverting them to the default configuration should work (I think).

Caution: I am not an expert in IDLE, Python, or... even life.

EJP