[Tutor] Re: [ANN] RUR: a Python Learning Environment (alpha)

André Roberge andre.roberge at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Dec 13 19:42:44 CET 2004

This is weird (to me, anyways) as it works well on my computer.
However, I remember that I had to create "loadImages()" to
initialize the handlers early on, otherwise it was complaining
that it couldn't "ConvertToBitmap".

I'll have to see if I can move this statement elsewhere; I will reply
privately when I do it (so as not to clutter the list) and
will report to the list when the problem is solved.

Just to clarify: are you using wxpython 2.4.x under Windows?

Andre

======================================
Can't get it running -- it keeps saying:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/source/RUR/RURmain.py", line 28, in ?
    messenger.loadImages()    # load them up here after initialising
Handlers
  File "C:\source\RUR\messenger.py", line 27, in loadImages
    HIT_WALL_IMAGE = wxImage('ouch2.png').ConvertToBitmap()
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\site-packages\wx\_core.py", line 2282, in
ConvertToBitmap
    return _core_.Image_ConvertToBitmap(*args, **kwargs)
wx._core.PyNoAppError: The wx.App object must be created first!

Ron