[Tutor] Python 2.4 IDLE Windows 2000

Danny Yoo dyoo at hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 3 19:01:07 CET 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Mike Hansen wrote:

> That rooted out the problem. A while ago, I changed the colors to kind
> of match my VIM color theme(ps_color). When I did
> idlelib.PyShell.main(), IDLE came up with my custom color theme.
> However, there was a bunch of warnings about my theme. From IDLE, I
> deleted the theme. Now IDLE will launch normally. I'll set up the color
> theme later. Maybe older color themes aren't compatible with the newer
> IDLE? The color theme must have been laying around. I didn't brute force
> it in or anything like that.

Hi Mike,

Ah, whew, I'm glad that actually worked.  *grin*

The information about the color theme problem is valuable to know: can you
send a message to the IDLE developers with a summary of the situation?
It's possible that a lot of other folks might be running into a similar
startup problem.  Let's make sure that no one else has to go through hoops
to get IDLE working again.  The IDLE development list is: