[Tutor] Launching an app into a frame

David Broadwell dbroadwell at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 10 23:49:43 EDT 2004

> I'm trying to launch an application from my python code. Not too
> hard using os.system(), but I'd like to bound the app window into
> a GUI component of my python window (I'm using boa constructor to
> create my window). For example I'd like to create a frame into my
> window, and launch the app into this frame
> does someone know if it's possible and how to do that ?
It sounds too easy to be impossible.

For what it's worth;

if you can that part of your application always read something particular
... say a 127.0.0.1:NNNN port.
then run the application to be displayed with the os settings to redirect
output to the 127.0.0.1:NNNN port?

For security's sake please use a port over 1024 ...
there would be a limitation with this method of text only, I think.

Any feedback from the more knowledgeable code slingers out there?

p.s. I'd love to see code on this ...

--

Programmer's mantra; Observe, Brainstorm, Prototype, Repeat

David Broadwell