[Tutor] osx python editor

Kim Branson kim.branson at csiro.au
Sun Sep 28 22:48:31 EDT 2003

Hi all,

i'm making the transition from perl to python, i'm trying to  convert a
lot of tools into python so they can be maintained a little better.
I'm looking at doing alot of my work under osx  rather than linux. I've
grabbed the macpython release. its got a ide in but it seems to lack
colour syntax highlighting, this is i find very useful. Either i'm dumb
and its not turned on by default (and i can't see a pref to do it), or
there is a better  tool out there. What ide are there for osx? and are
there any gotchas for developing  on osx and then running production on
a linux system....should be all the same right?

oh one more thing....is there a python lisp interface....i've got alot
of horrid lisp code i might need to call, or should i rewrite the lot
in python. Python can do most lisp things i've been told, but not
macros?

cheers

Kim

Dr Kim Branson
Computational Chemistry and Molecular Modelling
Division of Structural Biology
The Walter and Elisa Hall Institute for Medical Resarch
Parkville, Victoria
Australia
&
Diffraction and Theory