[Tutor] bug hunt

Kirk Bailey idiot1 at netzero.net
Sun Oct 5 20:21:44 EDT 2003

Pity. The cgiserver module builds a dictionary with all the environment
variables in it for a script to use. THEY EXIST ALREADY. But there is no
provision for parsing a .shtml script, detecting ssi tags, and replacing them
with the required output. Therefore, this server could not handle an imbedded
hit counter in a webpage, nor imbed script output as part of a page. And quite a
number of servers apart from apache honor ssi.

So close, and yet so far...

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> On Sunday, October 5, 2003, at 11:27  AM, Kirk Bailey wrote:
>
>> The servers do not respect ssi includes. Yet the modules list code to
>> handle such, although I am not up to speed enough to debug them. As
>> this is defined in the modules, I have the qurious duty to repport a
>> possible bug in the cgiHTTPServer.py module.
>

> I don't believe anything in the Python core has ever supported
> server-side includes; they're mostly an Apache thing.
>
> --amk

end

Cheers!
         Kirk D Bailey

  +                              think                                +
   http://www.howlermonkey.net  +-----+        http://www.tinylist.org
   http://www.listville.net     | BOX |  http://www.sacredelectron.org
   Thou art free"-ERIS          +-----+     'Got a light?'-Prometheus
  +                              kniht                                +

Fnord.