[Tutor] Re: newbie string parsing question

Andrei project5 at redrival.net
Thu Nov 13 15:15:44 EST 2003

VN wrote on Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:42:40 -0600:

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to the pyhon game and have been hitting a stone wall
> with the re module. I am trying to parse an app server log,
> in real time, and want return the whole string that contains
> a value, like "Error".
> Any help would be great....

Your problem description is too vague I think. I'm not even sure how comes
you're so sure that the problem you're having concerns the re module - in
fact, I don't even understand why you think you need the re module, perhaps
string methods would be enough. I also don't know what parsing in real time
is supposed to mean. Can you clarify it some more perhaps?

--
Yours,

Andrei

=====
Mail address in header catches spam. Real contact info (decode with rot13):
cebwrpg5 at jnanqbb.ay. Fcnz-serr! Cyrnfr qb abg hfr va choyvp cbfgf. V ernq
gur yvfg, fb gurer'f ab arrq gb PP.