[Tutor] More OOP

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 14:42:43 EST 2003

> Bottom line, I think my question is something like this: Is it
advisable
> to take on a special approach to coding structures when one are
dealing
> with a GUI app.

Its not necessary but there is a natural synergy between GUI widgets
and objects. Also many GUI toolkits are implemented as object
frameworks
so you have to use objects anyway, you might as well make your code
fit in.

But with Tkinter for example its pefectly possible to use a procedural
approach and for small programs thats fine, once you get to beigger
GUI programs procedural code quickly becomes complex.

Alan G.