[Tutor] broken pipe

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor at venix.com
Sat Nov 1 10:15:06 EST 2003

"connection reset by peer" means that the computer sent a reset signal that
it was closing the connection.  This is a simple one-step termination.
The "normal" termination involves sending a FIN from each end to the other
end and getting an acknowledgement back.

You might find it useful to run a program like tcpdump to monitor the traffic
to help with debugging.  tcpdump is included with most linux distributions.