[Tutor] help on newbie program

Jason Thompson jason@museunlimited.com
Thu May 29 07:12:41 2003

Although I spent a little time learning Perl before moving over to
Python, I still consider myself to be a newbie. So far I've used most of
the books already mentioned by others.

For me it has helped to read several books, even moving back and forth
between them on particular topics. Each author approaches the
information in a unique way and sometimes when I'm stuck on one author's
explanation, reading a different author on the topic is really helpful.
I've had most of my "light bulb" moments that way. One book that I
haven't seen mentioned is Dive Into Python
(http://www.diveintopython.org). It's billed as an introduction to
Python for experienced programmers but I found it to be the best book
I've read on Python so far.

Jason