[Tutor] python exe files

GREENDAY31087@aol.com GREENDAY31087@aol.com
Mon Jun 30 01:15:02 2003

--part1_1e5.c4baacd.2c312131_boundary

In a message dated 6/27/03 11:19:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jeff@ccvcorp.com writes:

> >pythonw.exe - what is this???
> >

> This is a console-less version of the interpeter -- it's a Windows-style
> app rather than a DOS-style app (as python.exe is).  This means that if,
> for instance, your Python script has a GUI and opens its own windows,
> etc, then you can run it in pythonw.exe and it won't have an ugly and
> otherwise useless DOS box open as well.

I have a few GUIs. How would I run them with pythonw.exe?
-Wayne (win98)

--part1_1e5.c4baacd.2c312131_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 6/27/03 11:19:03 AM Pacific Dayligh=
t Time, jeff@ccvcorp.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&gt;pythonw.exe - what is this?=
??<BR>
&gt;<BR>
<BR>
This is a console-less version of the interpeter -- it's a Windows-style <BR=

app rather than a DOS-style app (as python.exe is).&nbsp; This means that if=
, <BR>
for instance, your Python script has a GUI and opens its own windows, <BR>
etc, then you can run it in pythonw.exe and it won't have an ugly and <BR>
otherwise useless DOS box open as well.<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
I have a few GUIs. How would I run them with pythonw.exe?<BR>
-Wayne (win98)</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1e5.c4baacd.2c312131_boundary--