[Tutor] Python and PHP

Roger Merchberger zmerch@30below.com
Fri Jun 20 18:16:47 2003

Rumor has it that Magnus Lyckå may have mentioned these words:

>Apart from what I mentioned before, I think this article might
>be useful:
>
>http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PresentationTechnologies
>
>Also, I forgot to mention Twisted, see http://www.twistedmatrix.com/
>and http://www.twistedmatrix.com/documents/howto/woven etc.
>
>I haven't really used Twisted for real yet, but it seems really
>interesting. I'll take some tutorials during EuroPython next week! :)

I took a /really/ quick look at some of the lists there (I didn't look at
Twisted yet)... and what looks _totally kewl_ to me is CherryPy -- I've
finally gotten to the point that I can write some basic CGI in Python
(forms stuffing a database -- psycopg was a PITA to compile on RedHat 9!!!
:-/ ); but coming from a ColdFusion point of view, I'd like something more
integrated with HTML than straight CGI.

The coder of CherryPy is going to be at EuroPython -- but he's only got
enough time for a 5 minute talk or so...

Anyway, gotta blast... Laterz!
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger -- sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch@30below.com

What do you do when Life gives you lemons,
and you don't *like* lemonade?????????????