[Tutor] Newbie here ... Have just downloaded Python 2.2.2 and am

Dirigo bbbbosox@mtneer.net
Sun Jun 1 14:48:12 2003

getting ready to install it on a Win 98SE system.  But before I do ...

1.  What does the download actually consist of?   I assume the python
interpreter and IDLE from what I read on the main web page of
python.org?  But is there anything else included within this zipped
package that I should be aware?

2.  I also assume I need to download apache to function as a web server.
Is there a recommended specific apache version I should download that is
compatible with Python-2.2.2.exe?

3.  As of yet, I have not downloade Mark Hammond's Win32 extensions.
Should I shortly ... after initial install?  I assume the extensions
provide additional functionality, but, perhaps, it would be wise for me
to hold off until I master the rudimentary functionality of python
itself.  What are you folks' thoughts on this approach?

4.  I recognize there are a number of good books out there and look for
recommendations from you also ... since you have a lot more experience
than I am this point and I have a limited book budget right now ...

I'm sure I'll have other questions as I move along ;>))  I choose the
Python-2.2.2.exe download as I figured it has been out awhile and is
perhaps the most stable for the time being.  Also, I know you folks have
had a bit longer to learn it insides out rather than the recently
released (05/30/03 or 30/05/03) release.

Thanks in advance for any comments, suggestions, etc you graciously
provide me.

Regards,

Dirigo