[Tutor] Finding out if we can use a graphical environment or not

himself@lafferty.de himself@lafferty.de
Wed Jul 16 20:16:03 2003

> Personally, I'd use different scripts to start up the GUI and
> console version of the application. Keep it simple.

Well it depends on your GUI but maybe you'd like to have a look at the anygui project (http://angui.sf.net). It does all the checking for availiable GUI Toolkits (or none) and wrapping for you. If only a console is availiable it uses a curses interface (which is quite ok IMO).

Well theres one HUGE drawback... it's not final yet. But maybe it solves your problems or you could design your wrapper after having looked at anygui's code.

Greetings, Laff