[Tutor] Re: *var*

Magnus Lyckå magnus@thinkware.se
Wed Jul 9 13:29:02 2003

At 13:29 2003-07-09 -0300, Luiz Siqueira Neto wrote:
>the __doc__ is only a variable defined in some super class to associate
>the documentation or is more of this?

Nope. All names with leading and trailing double underscores are
magic. .__doc__ are constructed as bare strings in the beginning
of a module, class or function/method. They are often triple-quoted
to make it easy to make them several lines.

>Where I can get some about documentation inside a class?

 >>> class X:
...     """This is class X"""
...     def y(self):
...             """Method y of class X"""
...             print "Hello"
'This is class X'
 >>> X.y.__doc__
'Method y of class X'