[Tutor] Differences between Python 2.2 and 1.5?

Terry Carroll carroll@tjc.com
Sun Jan 19 02:23:01 2003

On my home system, I have Python 2.2.2 (November 2002) installed.  My ISP
has, on its most current system, Python 1.5.2 (July 2001).

I'm a new and casual Python user, just writing a few prgrams for my own
use, and am wondering if there are any differences a casual user would run
into between 1.5.2 and 2.2.2.  If so, I'll ask them to upgrade.  I don't
think many on my ISP use Python, and quite frankly, our sysadmin is a busy
and highly competent guy, and I don't want to unnecessarily take his time
away from other projects he's working on.

(Older systems being phased out have Python 1.3 (June 1996) installed!  I
wouldn't ask for an upgrade on those; the appropriate response would be to
do my Python work on a different machine, or install it myself in my own
space (which I may do anyway)).

--
Terry Carroll        |
Santa Clara, CA      |   "The parties are advised to chill."