[Tutor] Implementation Help Request on Game of Life

Max Romantschuk max@provico.fi
Thu Jan 2 07:50:05 2003

Quoting Michael Janssen <Janssen@rz.uni-frankfurt.de>:
> You need a PlayField class (which contains the methods to manipulate the
> entire playground), a row class (which can be done with a python list) and
> a SingleField class with the methods of a single cell:

Thanks :) Actually, I already had a PlayField containing Cells, so Rows are a
logical addition... it all seems to make sense now ;)

> what's this Game of Life is about?

It's too vast a subject to explain here, but this looks like a good
introduction:
http://www.math.com/students/wonders/life/life.html

Also just google and you'll find all sorts of stuff:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=conway+life

  Thanks for the help!
Max Romantschuk
http://www.mp3.com/romax/