[Tutor] script comparing two values - ASCII encoding error

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu Feb 27 13:32:49 2003

> What I sent you originally was all Python gave to me.
> There was no traceback given. I also tried all your
> suggestions below, including your personalised
> function, but still to no avail.

In that case can you put all the code in a separate file rather
than type it at the interpreter - it'll save you work too!
Call it formula.py or something...

Then import the file and send us the file and all of the output.
That should generate more error output...

>>> import formula.py

Finally, to get unicode errors should require a string.
Can you search for quorte characters - ' or " in your code.
An unmatched quote might be doing something odd.

Just a thought,

Alan g.
Author of the Learn to Program website
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/