[Tutor] Practice sets for newbies

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed Feb 26 07:03:02 2003

> I wonder if there are any practice tutorial sets for things like
> loops,lists, the use of modules, and etc.

Most of the tutors have some, including mine - also available
in Portuguese... :-)

> However, I think that having some basic practice problems
> could take me a step further.

You might find the Useless Python website has what you want. It
has some project type challenges to try, some of whicvh have
solutions too.

> Does anyone have a tip for me on how to improve my python skils ?

Take an existing program and play with it. Make changes and see
if you can predict what the change will do. If it doesn't do what
you expect, figure out why. If you can't figure out why, ask here!

HTH,

Alan g.
Author of the Learn to Program website
http://www.freenetpages.co.uk/hp/alan.gauld/