[Tutor] Sun says: Don't use Java, use Python!

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Wed Feb 12 07:51:02 2003

> <dramatization>
> Erik: "What I have heard is that in Java everything is an object."
> Alan: "Not so.  In Java, everything is a class."
> </dramatization>

Probably. Its my main philosophical gripe with Java. It is badly
done from a pure OOP point of view.

> by putting a bunch of procedural code into the main method of
> a class.  It isn't a good way to start off.

Absolutely! But it is an acceptable Java idiom unfortunately.
cf the math operations...

BTW I have no problem with providing the ability to create functions
(a la Python) but lets not pretend that wrapping them in a class
has anything to do with OOP!

Alan G.