[Tutor] capitalize() but only first letter

Alfred Milgrom fredm@smartypantsco.com
Wed Feb 5 18:33:01 2003

The simple way to slice a string is to use the string[start:end] construct.
The start and end parameters are optional (but remember we start at 0), so
you can have:

s = 'everything But The kitchen siNk'

s[3:7] means slice from 4th to 8th letter (inclusive)
         'ryth'
s[:-1] means everything from the beginning except the last letter
         'everything But The kitchen siN'
s[1:] means everything except the first letter
         'verything But The kitchen siNk'

HTH
Fred Milgrom