[Tutor] Python on Windows and other processes

Alan Colburn aicolburn at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 12:21:54 EDT 2003

I was working on a web page today (on a WinXP machine)
and took a little break with Python. (Doesn't
everyone?!) When I closed IDLE and went back to
Dreamweaver, I got this odd message:

"This file has been modified outside Dreamweaver. Do
you want to reload it?"

The message is odd because I didn't do anything to the
file outside Dreamweaver. Do any of you understand
what's going on? I don't know much about what Python
does in the background when running on Windows, and
thought some of you might. Even more oddly, [wx]Python
might sometimes also interfere with the touchpad
driver on my laptop (...I'm much less certain it's
Python, in this case, but pass this comment on anyway,
just in case).

Does Python actually do stuff in the background that
might interfere with other programs, or am I simply in
the Twilight Zone?

Thanks, as always! -- Al C.