[Tutor] Books

James Clare jrclare@lycos.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:37:41 -0400

Hello everyone. I'm new to this list. I have read many online tutorials about python and enjoy them much. I was wondering though, are there any books out there that get a little more involved with the practical uses of this language. I understand the basics of many languages but would like to take python a couple steps further. I guess I'm looking for books or tutorials that give examples of useful system administration and OOP programs. I work with both Windows NT and Linux. I would like to concentrate on Linux though. I have R.H 7.3. at home and would like examples of scripts that can be used in place of perl and shell scripting. I originally thought Java would be an ideal language to learn OOP in but got bogged down with all the calls to GUI components. How do I get started writing GUI stuff in python? Is it anything like Java GUI programming?
Thanks
Jim

Get 250 full-color business cards FREE right now!
http://businesscards.lycos.com