[Tutor] Re: internet

Chermside, Michael mchermside@ingdirect.com
Thu Nov 14 15:06:57 2002

> hi,
>   i have now started to learn python "it's cool",i would like to know =
if =3D
> you can go on the net with python & how?,can i also join windows =
program =3D
> with python?.
>  Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I also think Python is "cool"!

Python can be used to generate dynamic web pages... it can even be
used for highly complex and powerful web applications (check out
"Zope" for an example). Python can also be used to obtain content
via HTML... the "urllib" library is useful for this.

Python can be used on Windows, and it can access the native Windows
APIs using a library originally contributed by Mark Hammond. Since
this comes as a separate library, I suggest downloading ActiveState's
installer of Python for Windows if you want to use these features.
They include the windows code by default, and also have excellent
documentation.

I hope these answer your questions... if not, feel free to ask
again!

-- Michael Chermside