[Tutor] Classses

Alexandre Ratti alex@gabuzomeu.net
Fri, 24 May 2002 11:07:18 +0200

Hi Richard,

At 04:09 24/05/2002 -0400, tutor-request@python.org wrote:
>Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 09:08:14 +0100 (GMT Daylight Time)
>From: "Richard Gelling" <tombraider500@yahoo.co.uk>
>Subject: [Tutor] Classses

>I am reading Alan Gauld and have got a bit stuck.I am up to reading about
>classes and have typed in his example i.e
>
>class Address:
>            def _init_(self,Hs,Town,Zip)

You need to use double underscores. In Python, special method names are
wrapped in double underscores. And you need a colon at the end of the line
(maybe it was included in your code; I received a garbled message).

         def __init__(self, Hs, Town, Zip):

>                   self.Hs_Number=Hs
>                   self.Street=St
>                   self.Town=Town
>                   self.Zip_Code=Zip

>TypeError: this constructor takes no arguments

The interpreter did not recognise your "__init__" as a valid constructor;
hence it used a default one with no arguments.

Cheers.

Alexandre