[Tutor] python and MS Access db's

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:26:32 -0000

> On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 01:34  PM, dman wrote:
> > MS' ODBC driver to connect to the db, and then use either XML-RPC or
> > CORBA to connect to that server from the linux box.
>
> if you don't mind my asking, why you are planning to
> use XML-RPC over SOAP.

I should imagine because its a lot simpler to use - especially
from Python. I haven't seen a really easy to use SOAP solution
for Python but the XML-RPC stuff(now standard from v2.2?) is
simplicity itself.

Speaking for dman so I might be completely wrong! :-)

Alan g
[ Who hates XML as a transport since its horribly
  inefficient of bandwidth...but recognises that
  he's(as usual) in a minority of one! ;-]