[Tutor] Re: Gadfly

dman dsh8290@rit.edu
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:16:22 -0600

On Tue, Mar 19, 2002 at 02:50:10PM -0800, Israel Evans wrote:
| From: Charlie Clark  , 19 March 2002 2:33 PM
| On 2002-03-19 at 16:10:01 [+0100], tutor-request@python.org wrote:
| | > Likely you'll have to mourn its demise.  It doesn't appear to be actively
| | > maintained any more, and the mailing list contains nothing but spam.  The
| | > test suite works with 1.5.2 and 2.1 but issues deprecation warnings.  The
| | > test suite fails with 2.2.
|
| | Gadfly is included with Zope in every release where it's great for testing
| | databases on things like a notebook where they might not be connected.
|
| Does that mean it's an updated version that works with python 2.2?

Unfortunately I think Zope is only for 2.1 right now.  The debian
packages are for 2.1, not 2.2, and the installation instructions that
I skimmed talk about 2.1 (and 1.5.2 for old versions).

Hopefully the zope people will update gadfly when they move to 2.2,
but who knows?

-D

--

Many are the plans in a man's heart,
but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails.