[Tutor] pair programming.

Andrei Kulakov ak@silmarill.org
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 00:26:28 -0400

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 08:50:50PM -0700, Danny Yoo wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Andrei Kulakov wrote:
>
> > Hello pythoneers,
> >
> > Does anyone wanna try pair programming over the net, using screen and
> > irc, with me? I never tried that, but it sounds interesting.
>
> Hi Andrei,
>
> This sounds interesting!  Can 'screen' be used collaboratively?  I'm not
> familiar enough with it yet.

Yeah, you can easily try it out to see how it works.. start two xterms,
type "screen" in one, type screen -x in the other. Now try using both
terminals. Voila!

> Will this pair programming be for Cymbaline then?

Any of my projects (silmarill.org/projects.shtml) or yours or something
new alltogether. I'm open to suggestions :-).

I have a few ideas I've been thinking about but without code yet:
1. ViWM. A window manager with two modes, like vi: command mode and
   entry. In command mode you use hjkl, etc to switch windows,
workspaces, resize, start programs; to use the current window you hit
'i', to get back to command mode you hit ctrl-O (for cOmmand).

2. nethack-like fully python game. Curses or, even better, pygame.

3. an integrated email/newsreader, like mutt and slrn.

4. an irc client, like xchat, but 100% python.

5. "python for non-programmers" story for kuro5hin.

A lot of other stuff I don't remember right now..

 - Andrei