[Tutor] Re: Tkinter Gravity event

Chad Crabtree flaxeater@yahoo.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:44:33 -0700 (PDT)

The only gravity that I can think of is for a text box
widget which after you place a mark tells which way
the test goeas after that.  therefore the two values
are left and right, I believe the default is right
meaning that any text inserted at the mark will move
right.  I found this reference

.mark_gravity ( mark, gravity=None )
Changes or queries the gravity of an existing mark;
see Marks in text widgets, above,
for an explanation of gravity. To set the gravity,
pass in the name of the mark, followed by
either LEFT or RIGHT. To find the gravity of an
existing mark, omit the second argument
and the method returns LEFT or RIGHT.

which is a method for the textbox widget

the complete Tkinter Reference is found here:

http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/help/lang/python/

I have used it and found it even better than the
Reference available at pythonware