[Tutor] Re: LHA compression

lonetwin lonetwin@yahoo.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 12:32:17 +0530

Hi Sean,
	I looked at the license in the sources bundled with the .src.rpm, it says
"License: Freeware-like" ...wonder what that means ...the homepage of the
author and for his "lha for unix page" is in japanese, So, I'm lost.
    Anyways, I most certainly would be using it for "non-commercial use"
Maybe this is inspiration enough to seriously think about writing a "free"
python module for lha compression, like dman suggested. Anyone wanna jump in
?? ...Me being me, I'd get down to __actually__ doing instead of just
thinking, if I have work with someone else. :)
	Right away tho' I need to find out if the algo. itself is not patented or
propriety.

Ta for now,
Peace
Steve

--
	"How would I know if I believe in love at first sight?" the sexy
social climber said to her roommate.  "I mean, I've never seen a Porsche