[Tutor] Many files or one big file?

Nate Custer gncuster@firehead.org
03 Jul 2002 17:29:52 -0500

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 12:15, alan.gauld@bt.com wrote:

> The useful unit of reuse in Python is the file therefore collect
> all you need into a file and keep it together. eg. you should
> never need to import say 3 separate files to access one feature.
>
> equally we don't want to import  a single huge file to access
> a single feature so organize on the basis of what might
> conceivably be reusable in the future, either by you or somebody
> else.
>
> Alan g.
Thanks that seems to be a great way to define the balance we are looking
at. To answer questions of size. So far there are 5 or 6 major classes.
In the end there will probaly be more. The 5250 is a funky machine. It
is used to connect to the AS\400. So it is a propritary, true
Mini-Computer (though now you can hardware as beefy as most mainframes)
with a long history. It is screen based, which is closer in
implementation to a web based app then to any PC/Unix console I have
seen.

Nate Custer
--
Gentlemen, [the equation  e^(i*pi) + 1 = 0 ] is surely true, it is
absolutely paradoxical; we cannot understand it, and we don't know what

-Benjamin Peirce