[Tutor] Request Timeout

Lloyd Kvam pythontutor@venix.com
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:31:27 -0500

I have been to sites that do sometimes take a long time to return results.

http://www.traceroute.org/#USA
traceroute.org
http://www.net.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/netops.cgi
Network Group Services

I believe there is a way for the web server to return a "keep-alive" so the browser
does not time out.  Unfortunately, I do not know where to send you to
get documentation on this.  I presume it is part of HTTP 1.1.

[repeated because the first try used the wrong reply-to address.]

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp.

voice: