[Tutor] How powerful is Python?

Danny Yoo dyoo@hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 17:48:05 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, dman wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:03:29PM -0500, James M Lang wrote:
>
> | And one last thing, why do I keep getting what seems to be every
> | Python tutor e-mail even if it has nothing to do with me? It's
> | cluttering my e-mail account.:/
>
> You signed up to receive list mail.  Use a filter to drop it in its
> own folder instead of your inbox.

Also, you can set up your Tutor options so that you don't get general
messages from the list.  If you visit:

and go down to the bottom "Edit Options" form, you can set this option.
This will still allow you to send messages to Tutor, but you won't hear
the "background noise" from the list.  If tutors are careful to use
Reply-to-all, you should still receive personal emails from people who
want to answer your questions.

Personally, though, I like hearing background noise.  You'll never know if
you're missing something useful!  Plus hearing --- excuse me, seeing! ---
other people's questions and comments can be really helpful while learning
a language.

Another option is to turn on "digest" mode in your options, so that
instead of getting ten messages a day, you'll get one whole digest.  This
may be less cluttering for you.

Good luck!