[Tutor] gui questions

Boudewijn Rempt boud@valdyas.org
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:36:35 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Henry Porter wrote:

> I'm just starting to learn python and I have an idea for a program I'd
> like to write.  I want to use some sort of gui.  Would it be better for me
> to start out using curses or tkinter?  I'd like to learn both eventually,
> so I'm just wondering which would be easier to use.  Would wxpython be a
> choice also, or is it very much harder?

I wouldn't call curses a gui -- so that leaves tkInter. Of course,
my biased self would like to opine that PyQt would be a better
choice, but I'll leave you to form your own opinion of the matter.

> Also, should I start writing my program for the gui from the start or
> write the basic functionality and a simpler interface then add the gui
> part later?

First the unittests, then the functionality, then the gui. That's
the way to go,

Boudewijn Rempt  | http://www.valdyas.org