[Tutor] Another new book

Karthik Gurumurthy karthikg@aztec.soft.net
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 17:18:01 +0530

> Has anyone here read, or read an opinion about, "Python Programming
> Patterns" by Thomas W. Christopher, ISBN: 0130409561, published by
Prentice
> Hall?

BTW,

I checked that out in the stores sometime back.
i c'd see references to patterns only in chapter 5..rest looked like a
tutorial on python.
and probably that's not we are lookign for.

I hope Python Cookbook / Python in a nutshell would turn out to good books.
I have been asked to use perl @ my work place...something i don't want to.

I'm currently reading Object Oriented Perl ..by Damian Conway.
I wish someone writes such a book for Python too :-(. It's that good!.

I understand that Python is OO by design but a book on programming patterns
having a single chapter
on patterns surprised me.

i had a question here though..are all patterns suggested (say in GOF) for a
statically typed language
like java applicable to a dynamically typed language like python?

karthik.