[Tutor] yet another book review request

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry shalehperry@attbi.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 23:11:41 -0700

On Wednesday 28 August 2002 20:03, Erik Price wrote:

> Thanks, Sean.  I was worried that it might teach some things that are
> no longer used in the newer version of Python but it seems like a
> "must-read" nonetheless.  Interesting that it is not really like
> "Programming Perl", which is pretty well-known but doesn't take a
> "tutorial" approach at all (it's more of a reference).

You are correct.  "Programming Python" actually teaches you the language =
and=20
leaves the official Python docs to document the order of string.join().  =
Some=20
people dislike the book because of this.  I learned fairly early in my py=
thon=20
programming to love the official docs so I never saw the style of the boo=
k as=20
a failing.  To each their own.