[Tutor] Re: wxPython crash

Terje Johan Abrahamsen terjeja@hotmail.com
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:53:46 +0000

>From: Derrick 'dman' Hudson <dman@dman.ddts.net>
>To: tutor@python.org
>Subject: [Tutor] Re: wxPython crash
>Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 22:06:01 -0400
>
>On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 06:26:25PM +0000, Terje Johan Abrahamsen wrote:
>| I have installed the wxPython with my Activestate Python. Then I look in
>| the documentation to learn it. When I try the first example:
>|
>| from wxPython.wx import *
>|
>| class MyApp(wxApp):
>|    def OnInit(self):
>|        frame = wxFrame(NULL, -1, "Hello from wxPython")
>|        frame.Show(true)
>|        self.SetTopWindow(frame)
>|        return true
>|
>| app = MyApp(0)
>| app.MainLoop()
>
>This works for me.  (Python 2.1 and wxGTK/wxPython 2.2 on Debian)
>
>| Python just closes. No warnings, no errors, no nothing. It just closes.
>| However, if I remove the "app = MyApp(0)" line, I get just an exception
>| raised, so I assume that that must be where the problem is. What can this
>| be caused by?
>
>Could be a problem with your system -- were python, wxwindows, and
>wxpython all compiled with the same compiler and linked against the
>same versions of shared libraries?  What sort of system are you using?
>If it's a unix system, does running 'ulimit -c unlimited' beforehand
>cause a core dump to be generated?

I am running Win2000 and ActiveState Python 2.2.1. I did think of the
possibility of something wrong with my installation, so I downloaded the
program again, and ran the repair function in the installing. However, it
didn't change anything. I haven't done anything else to Python. It all comes
exactly as standard out of the "package".