[Tutor] Error in cgi script having health effects on bloodpresure readings

Kirk Bailey idiot1@netzero.net
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 21:41:15 -0400

Worth a shot, although I *THOUGHT* I had used that before, and had tried
it, I suppose my 10 thumbs could have bungled it. >IF< I upgrade to 2.2,
will all my 1.5.2 scripts still work fine, or should I expect to have to
fine tune things again?

Danny Yoo wrote:

> > Traceback (innermost last):
> >   File "/www/www.tinylist.org/cgi-bin/TLmemberlister.py", line 125, in ?
> >     mylist = form.getvalue("listname","")               # listname,
> >   File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/cgi.py", line 888, in __getattr__
> >     raise AttributeError, name
> > AttributeError: getvalue
>
> Hi Kirk,
>
> Ah!  the getvalue() method was only recently added in Python 2.2 as part
> of the "Higher Level Interface" of the 'cgi' module:
>
>     http://www.python.org/doc/lib/node296.html
>
> If you want to stick with Python 1.52, you might be able to use this:
>
>     mylist = form['listname'].value
>
> ... although this isn't quite equivalent.  Is it possible to upgrade to
> Python 2.2?
>
> Hope this helps!

end

Respectfully,